A Quick and Easy, Delicious Fall Treat
The leaves are changing color, the air is getting colder, the clothes are getting thicker, and that could only mean one thing… Fall is finally here! Fall is the favorite season of many people because of Halloween, the fashion, etc., but it is my favorite because of the food. Once fall hits, everything pumpkin flavored comes out including pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin cookies, etc. Many of those things may be difficult to make. However, in this video, I will teach you how to make the most simplest fall treat, pumpkin bread. It only takes a few ingredients, which many of us already have at home.
Making the Pumpkin Bread
Here’s a video for how to make the pumpkin bread:
For the ingredients you will need:
1 ½ Cups of Flour
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
1 ½ Cups of Sugar
½ cup of Vegetable Oil
1 tsp of Vanilla
For the materials you will need:
Measuring cups/spoons 2 bowls 9×5 inch nonstick loaf pan Spoon/whisk Oven
1) First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2) Pour your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and sugar
4) Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice and mix
5) Add n your dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until it becomes a smooth paste
6) Spray your 9×5 inch nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray
7) Then add the mixture into the pan
8) Put it in the oven for 60 minutes
9) After 60 minutes, take out of the oven, poke a stick through the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it means it’s done! If not, stick in the oven for about 5-10 more minutes
10) Once out of the oven and done, let the bread cool for a bit. Then cut your loaf into even slices and enjoy!
Enjoy the pumpkin bread with coffee, ice cream, or even another fall favorite, apple cider!
For my How-To video, I decided to make pumpkin bread. My boyfriend and I recently got into cooking and baking. We have made brownies, banana bread, artisan bread, and now pumpkin bread all from scratch. We were planning to make pumpkin bread just on our own, but I realized that it would be perfect for my video. I drew out my storyboard and it looks like this:
After getting all the ingredients, I set up everything on the table and started to shoot. I realized that the lighting was sort of dark so I opened up the blinds, and turned on the lamp in the living room to brighten things up a bit. After fixing the lighting, filming was easy. I decided to leave out the explaining of how to make the bread while filming and to put in a voice over afterwards. This made it easy to get the natural sound I needed.
After filming, I went into editing. Editing was difficult because I had to fit everything into the 1 minute 15 second time frame. I had to fast forward many movements and cut down many actions to fit it all in. However, I think the video turned out nicely. I recorded the voice over next. I turned on my video and recorded my voice to match up with the video.
Overall, this assignment was very fun and simple. Plus we got delicious pumpkin bread to eat from it.