Sights and Sounds of Illini Basketball

IMG_0121Where last week my issues stemmed from capturing the basketball game, this week all my issues were technical. I went into the lab and sat down and though to myself I have no idea what to do. I legitimately didn’t even know where to start.

First, I had no idea how to upload my audio. The recorder has a memory card in it that my card reader claimed to read. So I put it in there but nothing happened. I googled it and it should have worked, but I have yet to resolve that issue. I had nothing to connect my recorder to the computer with so I had to get creative. I used my camera to record the sound and then uploaded that into Adobe Premiere.

Once that was done I had a lot of fun playing with the audio. I used some transitions and I also pulled certain clips up to different levels (S1, S2, etc.) and overlapped them too. I could see how fun and interesting this could be if you have different sound clips from different events to pull together.

I did like using sound I just need to figure out a better way to upload it. I had some issues exporting this time as well, but I changed the format from a quicktime movie to an MPEG4 file, which youtube accepts. This was probably the most complicated of the assignments, but I feel like I learned a lot from it. At the end of the day I made deadline and got my video posted. You can find it here.

Update: I just found the cord that connects the recorder. Well at the very least, problem solved for next time. Sometimes the answers are with us the whole time (or in our camera bags at home).

Leave a Reply