Assignment 3 Bradley – Adding Audio

I did my project on a ride on an MTD bus.

I did my project on a ride on an MTD bus.

When I walked into the classroom to add audio to my video, I had no idea it would be as difficult as it was.

I was able to compile all of my audio and insert it into premier just the way I wanted it. That was just about the only easy part of my entire experience…

The first problem I ran into was being able to render my audio in Adobe. I did my best to try and work around the problem and the constant error message that kept popping up on my screen, but it was very frustrating. In many ways I think this experience in the long run will be a good one. It just tells me that I need to get more comfortable with Adobe Premier.

I still think it will take a long time before I’m fully comfortable with the application however. There are just too many settings that can easily be changed when other students from other classes use the computers.

I also ran into an encoding problem on the computer I was using in the classroom. To try something different I moved to a different computer which in turn sort of jumbled up some of my audio during the process.

Professor Collins ended up trying to help me in messing around with some of the settings in order to export my video and be able to hear my audio in the background. I kept running into the problem of hearing a very violent screeching instead of my actual audio in the video.

I do believe I gave myself enough time to do this project as I planned that I would work for many hours Tuesday and then finish up any fine tuning I had to do an hour before class on Wednesday. I guess it just goes to show that you can’t always trust technology to be as fast as you would like it to be. With an application like Premier that has so many different settings that can be mixed up, its key to understand that some things may take longer than other assignments.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.