Assignment 4 proved to be the most difficult for me. I tagged along to watch a practice at the Armory for the Illini in Motion, a dance team here on campus. It was easy to get footage because they were constantly moving…never a dull moment. The difficulty came during the editing process.
All in all it took me about three hours to edit my one minute video. I took so much footage and there was so much choreography to choose from that ultimately I couldn’t decide which parts I wanted to incorporate. It was also hard to get a variety of angles in the classroom at the Armory because it was so small, but I made it work by standing on chairs, laying on the floor, etc.
Adobe was not my friend this time around. I had completed and saved my project and the program froze unexpectedly for about ten minutes and completely shut down. All of my work was deleted. It was discouraging to have to start from square one again but the second time around was a breeze because I knew what I wanted to do. Although assignment 4 was a challenge, I actually enjoyed the filming process and seeing my final project. You can view my video here!